How to Commission Custom Furniture from Us
- You can meet with us in person, give us a call, or send an email to discuss your project. It won't cost you anything and you're under no obligation.
- Once we have a strong idea of what you're looking for, we'll give you a ballpark price, just to make sure we're all on the same page.
- If you decide to proceed, we'll take a small non-refundable deposit that will be applied to the purchase price.
Design, Revise, Design...
- As we get going, you'll see your project coming to life. You can give us lots of input, or leave us to come up with a design. We'll go back and forth with you until it's just right. And don't worry; we don't mind hearing you'd like something different. It's part of the process.
- We'll generate concepts and drawings. Or, if the design is very close to work we've done before, we'll simply summarize the details in writing.
- We'll give you a firm price. And we'll ask for another deposit, usually 50% to secure the work.
Saw, Plane, Chisel...
- As work progresses, we'll send you photos, and invite you to the shop if you're nearby. We're always looking to make the piece as perfect as possible. So if opportunities arise for improving the design, we'll talk it over with you.
- We'll estimate how long we think it will take to finish your piece. If you have a deadline in mind or are purchasing a piece for a special occasion, let us know and we'll make every effort to accommodate you.
- The remaining payment is due upon delivery. If you live on Southern Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands or in the Vancouver area, we'll hand deliver. Otherwise, we'll ship with a trusted carrier, crating the work ourselves to protect it.
- Finally, we'll check in, just to make sure you're happy with your new furniture.